Marketing and Engagement Lead
A fantastic opportunity to join Gloucester Business Improvement District. Through the Four Gates of Gloucester, we’re seeking to appoint an experienced individual to lead and manage the marketing for Gloucester BID. They will develop positive relationships with key stakeholders and lead on collaborative marketing projects. They will build partnerships across the city and with other relevant organisations and create and execute creative marketing campaigns across the City.
Reporting in partnership with the Gloucester BID manager to the Gloucester BID Board.
This role will also assist the BID through to the re-ballot in 2022 which, if successful, will be followed by the opportunity for a further fiver-year period of employment.
3 days a week for Gloucester BID, the hours can be spread over the week.
25k-30k pro rata depending on experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To work creatively, innovatively, commercially and constructively to support, assist and deliver projects in the current business plan for Gloucester BID and contribute to the business plan for the next term which will begin, if successful in ballot, August 2022.
- Promote Gloucester businesses within the BID area to residents, visitors and investors.
- Develop networks that enable the gathering of positive content about the City.
- Create exemplary copy for Gloucester BID and the city to be disseminated through a range of channels including press releases, blogs and social media.
- Identify new campaigns for key target markets and ensure the promotion and delivery of a professional service.
- Oversee external contracts with advertising and content creators.
- Assist in managing the Gloucester BID website, keeping content fresh and relevant and using all available media – video, photographic, audio etc.
- Working closely with the city’s tourism partners to promote and increase the profile of Gloucester as a destination.
- Assist in managing social media activity to promote positive content to businesses, community and visitors for both Gloucester BID.
- To have passion for marketing and engaging with and to various demographics and sectors.
- Experience of successfully leading, developing and projects.
- Experience of successful leadership or management in delivering place marketing, ideally through the coordination of a diverse range of professions and functions
- Experience of managing budgets.
- Experience of coping well under pressure and in difficult high-profile public situations.
- Management experience which has reflected in positive change. Well-developed planning, analysis and implementation skills.
- Desired: Well-developed ability to present complex information and reports in a concise and clear manner either orally or in writing.
- Desired: Knowledge and experience of design software such as Adobe InDesign or Illustrator.
|Letter applications, accompanied by a full CV, should be sent to: Gloucester BID, 2 Friars Court, College Street, Gloucester, GL1 2NE|