Highlights for the Month
• 1st – Responded to three calls of shoplifting to identify shoplifters from CCTV.
• Assisted in a first aid incident, called ambulance, kept the casualty comfortable until medical assistance arrived.
• Removed an aggressive male causing a problem near the front of a shopping centre.
• 2nd – Moved a person who was aggressively begging on Northgate Street.
• Involved with three missing person searches throughout the day.
• Assisted in the arrest of two known males, one wanted on warrant, the other for breach of bail conditions.
• Dealing with a drunk male who was causing trouble in the City, he was later arrested.
• 3rd – Instigated an investigation into found items belonging to a large store. Located items and the offender who carried out the shoplifting.
• Requested to speak with persons being aggressive in one of the drinking establishments in the city centre.
• 4th – Deterred a well -known shoplifter attempting to steal.
• Reviewed several CCTV recordings in stores to identify shoplifters, so they could be added to the City Safe system and reported to the police.
• 5th – Assisted in a dispute with parking area in the city being blocked.
• On request assisted with the identification of a shoplifter. Incident added to City Safe system.
• 6th – On request assisted with two shopliftings in store, both incidents a yellow card was issued.
• 7th – On request have dealt with three shoplifters’ yellow cards were issued and all added to city safe system.
• Called to two incidents of aggressive behaviour where the persons involved had to be removed from the store.
• Requested to identify a shoplifter, unknown, but added as an ID sought on City safe.
• 8th – Called to two mobile phone shops reporting aggressive males in store, both gone before arrival of CPOs but offered safety advice/card to both shops.
• Stopped a known shoplifter after he was caught in store and retrieved other stolen items from him, items were returned to correct store. He was advised to leave town.
• CPOs assisted the Quays staff with a stop on two well- known shoplifters.
• 9th – Called to assist with a shoplifting offence, identification was not made, advice given, and person added to City Safe system as an ID sought.
• Called to assist with three cases of drunken and aggressive behaviour throughout the day.
• Identified a known and wanted individual, called CCTV and person arrested by police.
• 10th – Assisted with two first aid incidents during the day.
• Detained an aggressive male for urinating in the street at the cross. Police arrived and took over this incident.
• Dealt with four incidents of anti-social behaviour from youths causing trouble to adults fighting.
• Numerous welfare checks made on vulnerable persons and gathering intelligence.
• 11th – Two counts of retrieving stolen items at the request of shop security.
• Assisted with two incidents of antisocial behaviour, all ended with no further issues and groups suitably advised.
• Spoke with several “Buskers” and offered them the City council guidelines leaflet.
• Spotted and assisted in the arrest of a wanted person.
• 12th – At the request of store security, retrieved stolen items and returned goods back to the owners of various stores.
• Welfare checks made at the request of Police CCTV.
• 13th – Requested to speak to a couple sleeping outside of the transport hub, welfare checks, advise given and signposting cards issued. Couple left the area.
• Responded to a call for a missing eleven-year-old boy, he was located and reunited with his mother.
• Called to an incident of a young lady having had her nails done and no method of payment, this turned out to be a welfare issue and female was taken to the Cavern for assistance.
• 14th – Carried out welfare checks at the request of CCTV and other radio users concerned over individuals in the City.
• Called to an incident on Westgate Street, a young female had thrown a road sign through a window, detained the suspect until Police arrived.
• Assisted with two shoplifters caught and detained, booked onto the city safe system.
• 15th – Requested to assist with an aggressive male in store. Male was removed from the store and left the area.
• Retrieved stolen items and returned to the Quays store.
• Called to carry out welfare checks on individuals throughout the day.
• 16th – Requested to assist with shoplifting offences throughout the day.
• Engaged with and moved on street beggars from public areas (no induviduals were homeless).
• 17th – Numerous requests to assist with shoplifters in store, yellow cards issued and added to the City Safe system.
• Assistance given with the removal of individuals being antisocial and aggressive in the City, which led to the arrest of two people.
• 18th – Called to assist with antisocial behaviour which resulted with individuals being arrested for.
• Welfare checks made on several streets people, Citylink referrals.
• 19th – Initiated a search for a female who was under duress with two males, reported by members of the public. The police found the trio and dealt with them.
• Assisted stores dealing with shoplifters throughout the day.
• Two welfare issues where the individuals were very aggressive. These issues were dealt with.
• 20th – Responded to requests in order assist with cases of shoplifting.
• Welfare checks made on several members of the public at request of CCTV.
• Requested to deal with a drunk and aggressive male outside a pub on Kings Square.
• 21st – Called to talk to an aggressive older male, he was spoken to and calmed down after suitable advice given.
• Moved on a male who refused to leave a store.
• Requested to deal with a pair of shoplifters, both issued a yellow card and added to City safe system.
• 22nd – Assisted the local council with the issue of an eviction notice.
• Assisted police with a domestic altercation in the City.
• Several cases of antisocial behaviour dealt with, involving youths on bikes.
• 23rd – Requested to deal with shoplifters, yellow cards issued and added to the City Safe system.
• Called to check on an aggressive male in Southgate Street, very drunk and abusive. Calmed him down and he left the area.
• 24th – Requested to attend two shoplifting incidents, yellow cards were issued and added to the City Safe system. One was subsequently arrested by police for drunk and disorderly behaviour.
• Requested by CCTV to monitor two youths who were involved in threats towards store staff. One detained and arrested for threatening behaviour.
• 25th At stores request attended to assist with the identification of suspects involved in burglary. ID confirmed and information passed to relevant agencies.
• At CCTV request located and identified an individual wanted, this person was detained waiting for the police to arrive. Male was aggressive and pulled a knife on CPOs. He was arrested by the police for offences.
• 26th Attended to ID a shoplifter who had stolen items from store.
• Welfare checks made on all street people and street drinkers.
• 27th At CCTV request monitored a well-known street drinker who was causing issues around the city centre.
• Assisted with the return of stolen items to the store and detaining a shoplifter until Police were able to arrest the individual.
• 28th Called to check the welfare on several individuals throughout the day.
• Requested to attend a store to try and identify a shoplifter.
• Called to attend to an aggressive male on Eastgate Street, this person was spoken with and suitable advice given, he left the area.
• 29th Monitoring and engaging with a male who was high on drugs throughout the day to ensure his safety.
• Shoplifter in a store removed and added to the City safe system.
• Removed a group of street drinkers from the Cathedral grounds, advised them on the PSPO in Gloucester.
• 30th Reacting to complaints about a known male who was harassing members of the public, this was reported several times to CCTV, eventually he was placed on a bus home.
• Requested to deal with a drunk male from one of the pubs in the City.
• Engaging with a street drinker who is a persistently begging in the City (not homeless).
• 31st Working with City PCSO with regards to a suspicious vehicle.
• Cleared an area in the centre of the City of drug taking equipment and correct disposal of several needles.
• Engaged with a group of male and females arguing in Eastgate Street, both groups separated and removed from the area.
|August 2019||Stores Visited||Welfare checks||Street Drinkers||Rubbish||ASB||Suspicious behaviour||Shoplifting||Cards Issued|