A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our exciting and ambitious City Business Improvement District (BID). Through the Four Gates of Gloucester, a Social Enterprise not for profit organisation, we’re seeking to appoint a talented individual to fill the post of Manager for the Gloucester BID.
The Gloucester BID is a business-led business-funded body dedicated to the improvement of the city’s retail, tourism and evening economies and the welfare of all businesses located within the city’s commercial centre. In a Covid hit world, it’s crucial we’re making the most out of the approximately £500,000 annual budget.
A BID Manager is required to lead the BID through to the re-ballot of local businesses which will take place in July 2022 and which, if successful, will be followed by the opportunity for a further five-year period of employment.
Candidates must be used to working independently in a complex business environment and have strong marketing and organisation skills.
The salary is in the region of £30,000pa – £40,000pa pro-rata , depending on experience and hours.
Please view for more information for more information about the work of the Gloucester BID including the accepted Prospectus/Business Plan and letters applications, accompanied by a full CV, which should be sent to the following address:
Gloucester BID Ltd
Goodridge Court, Goodridge Ave, Gloucester GL2 5EN
Initial Period of Employment: Fixed term, from appointment initially through to 31st July 2022, with a further five-year period dependent on a successful BID re-ballot.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week (flexible hours). Evening and weekend working may be required.
Salary: In the region of £40,000pa, negotiable depending on experience, (contributory pension provided).
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire. (premises t.b.c.)
Responsible for: The delivery of the Gloucester BID Business Plan and management and supervision of all related programmes, staff, agencies and contractors.
Reporting to: The Chair of the Gloucester BID Board of Directors.
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
1. To work with the BID Board of Directors to manage and deliver the BID’s Business Plan, ensuring effective and transparent governance of all financial, budgetary, legal, employment, procurement, health & safety and equal opportunity issues and processes.
2. Budget management and all day-to-day financial processes and administration.
3. To appoint, supervise and support the BID’s Administration Assistant.
4. To act as the first point of contact for BID levy payers, maintaining strong positive
5. Relationships with BID member companies and local residents and businesses
6. To liaise with,and develop positive effective relationships with the BID’s primary partners, especially Gloucester City Council, Gloucestershire Police, the Gloucester Chamber of Trade and Commerce and all other related organisations.
7. To develop, publish and promote the BID’s Business Prospectus for the balloting of a second five-year period of operation, w.e.f. 1st August 2022.
8. To undertake any other task commensurate with this role as reasonable requested by the BID Directors.
The appointed BID Manager may be required to either work from home or from an office location, provided by the BID, along with all necessary equipment and support etc